A watch is not just a chronometer that shows the time, but an indicator of the owner’s status. But almost everyone knows about it. Despite the fact that gadgets from Apple and Samsung have appeared, they cannot replace the classic version. A watch is a very thin line between decoration and a necessary thing. It just so happened and was fixed at the level of the human subconscious that this is a necessary attribute of a business person. But here you need to understand very clearly what a chronometer is for. Consider the style of clothing. In this article with Jura Watches, we will try to understand the main criteria for choosing a watch. Go!
What Is A Watch For?
As it was written above, first decide what you need a watch for? Wear a jacket or jeans, meet business partners or race down the ski slopes, go to the theater or climb sheer cliffs. Remember that a suit watch is a useless companion for extreme tourism (and vice versa). A universal option for all occasions will not be found. For example, the elegant Iwc Watch Portugieser Automatic is not suitable for diving. And the indestructible Casio G-Shock is out of place under the cuff of a shirt. Naturally, you need to choose one thing for a specific goal or task.
How to Choose a Mechanical or Quartz Watch?
So, you have firmly decided that at the next meeting, an elegant three-hand dial will certainly peek out from under the hem of your jacket. Or that on a mountain vacation you will be accompanied by a watch with impenetrable glass and a set of functions for all occasions. Design is a matter in which your own taste will be the best adviser. It is more difficult to choose between mechanical and quartz watches – there are enough arguments in favor of both. By the way, on the Jura Watches website you can pick up both a self-winding chronometer and a battery.
Mechanical watches are classics as they are. All the gears and springs of the mechanism are made by hand and move thanks to the subtle, almost magical talent of the watchmaker. This fascinates the mechanic – the best addition to an expensive suit.
If you are primarily attracted to aesthetics and tradition, choose a mechanical watch in the Jura Watches catalog. There is an opinion that winding a watch every day is tiring – then a model with automatic winding will suit you. In addition, a large part of mechanics lovers do not see any problem in manual winding and enjoy this simple daily ritual.
- Prestige. It’s not just about the considerable amount that a Swiss chronometer will cost. The status is made up of craftsmanship passed down from generation to generation, involvement in a noble history and the highest performance of all elements.
- Durability. If you wear a mechanical chronometer carefully, it will easily become a family heirloom, passed down from generation to generation. In addition, the mechanism is repaired without a complete replacement – the workshop will easily pick up the necessary elements.
- Smooth movement of the second hand. Aesthetes may not like the hand of a quartz watch that moves in jerks. The hand of a mechanical chronometer runs smoothly around the circumference of the dial and is pleasing to the eye.
- No need to change the battery. The mechanism is started by a spring, so if they stop, just start them.
- High price. Traditions of craftsmanship, the glorious name of the manufactory, unique handiwork – all this is expensive. However, it is not particularly difficult to find a good mechanical watch for relatively little money.
- Accuracy error. On average, the deviation per day is ± 20 seconds, which is 4 times more than that of quartz models. Also, the mechanics are more sensitive to the external environment – magnetic radiation, moisture, as well as shocks and vibrations can disrupt the normal course.
- Needs to be started manually. Already mentioned moment. Even self-winding models will have to be wound up if you do not wear them for a couple of days. But a minus easily becomes a plus – it’s a matter of preference.
However, the best mechanical watches can be ordered from Jura Watches.
How to Choose a Quartz Watch?
Quartz watches are much younger than mechanical ones, so they are hardly interesting for connoisseurs of history and traditions. And yet, for many, accuracy, reliability and ease of use take precedence over aesthetic merit. If you are guided by these qualities – choose a quartz watch from Jura Watches!
Quartz is more accessible than mechanics, that’s a fact. However, it is a mistake to think that such watches look pale on the hand. The Jura Watches catalog contains luxury quartz watches from TAG Heuer, Baume & Mercier, Corum, Casio, whose design keeps up with the unmistakable movement.
- Accuracy. The travel error does not exceed ± 5 seconds per day – 4 times less than the average mechanics.
- Strength. No watch is worth throwing a watch out of the window and playing hockey with it. Of course, if it’s not about the Casio G-Shock. And yet, quartz is much more resistant to the negative effects of the external environment. For example, hardy sports and military models mainly work on batteries.
- Undemanding. Watches do not need to be wound or worn constantly so that they do not stop. The only thing that is required from the owner is to go to the service in time and replace the battery, which usually lasts for 2-3 years.
- Availability. Usually quartz watches are much cheaper than mechanical ones. In general, the price range starts from ten dollars and there is no limit to it – Breitling, Montblanc and other titans of the industry have models with a battery.
- You need to change the battery. The power supply will last at best 5 years, standard – 2-3 years.
- The mechanism is practically not repaired. A failure in the filling may require a complete replacement, especially if the necessary parts from the manufacturer are no longer found on the market.
- “Just a watch.” An ambiguous moment, which, like the need for manual winding, can be both a plus and a minus. Quartz watches primarily show time, and for those who do not need something more, this is the best feature. For the same reason, quartz is unlikely to interest connoisseurs of history and unique technology.
In this article from Jura Watches, we’ve covered the highlights of quartz and mechanical timepieces. Of course, everyone has different tastes, but the fact remains: both are in different price categories. Also, one cannot say that some are better than others. Everything should correspond to the goals that you set for yourself!