Harry Potter has been one of the most loved literary and cinematic franchises for over two decades. There has been a significant generation, who have grown up with the character and his magical world. The franchise has been so popular that it has expanded into other forms of media such as plays and theme parks. In this post, we will take a look at ten reasons why children love Harry Potter from harrypottertheplay.com.
1. Magic – One of the key reasons children love Harry Potter is because of the magic that surrounds the world of Harry Potter. The idea of witches, wizards, spells, and potions is incredibly appealing to children, especially as it lets them escape from reality.
2. Friendship – The relationship between Harry, Ron, and Hermione is an essential part of the Harry Potter story. Children love the bond between these three characters and aspire to have such close friendships themselves.
3. Loyalty – Another reason why children love Harry Potter is the concept of loyalty. Through thick and thin, the characters remain loyal to each other, which is a powerful message for young children.
4. Imaginative World – The world of Harry Potter is vast, imaginative and incredibly detailed. The different houses, magical creatures, and spells allow children to expand their imagination, and immersing them in a magical world that is full of wonder.
5. Adventure – The Harry Potter series is full of adventure and excitement, unlike any other books or media. Each book offers something new and exciting that keeps children hooked and always wanting more.
6. Characters – Characters play a vital role in any story, and the characters in the Harry Potter series are no exception. Harry, Ron, Hermione, and many others are relatable and interesting, and each has a unique personality, which children can identify with as they grow up.
7. Important Themes – The Harry Potter series explores dark subjects of love, loss, death, and sacrifice, and children appreciate these themes. It teaches them that life isn’t always easy and how important it is to have close relationships in tough times.
8. Escapism – For many children, life can be stressful or challenging, and therefore, the magical world of Harry Potter provides an escape. Children can immerse themselves in a world of imagination that helps them forget about their problems temporarily.
9. Positive Role Models – The characters in Harry Potter are strong, independent, and have admirable qualities, such as courage, wisdom, loyalty, and kindness. These are attributes that children look up to and can learn from in real life.
10. Belonging – Many children feel like they don’t fit in, and the Harry Potter series gives them a sense of belonging. The idea of Hogwarts, belonging to a house, and being part of a magical community can make children feel like they have a place in the world.
In conclusion, the Harry Potter series has had a massive impact on children all over the world for a good reason. It provides a world of imagination, adventure, friendship, and loyalty and teaches them valuable themes and virtues. It’s no wonder the franchise has been so successful for over two decades, and it’s likely it will continue to inspire children for generations to come.